Finals are coming up and we are here to give you ten tips for maximum success!
- The most important thing to do for finals is get enough sleep; this is crucial for finals week. It is better to do all of your studying during the day and sleep at night so that your brain can absorb the material that you’ve studied.
- The second thing is to not panic! Check and see how much the final is actually worth; if the final is 20% or less it should only bring your grade up or down just by a letter grade (eg. B to B+). Another tip is to not make too little of it either. Do the absolute best that you possibly can to maintain or raise your grade in the particular class.
- Take breaks! Don’t completely avoid the things that you enjoy doing; set aside times in your study schedule to do fun, stress-relieving activities, but don’t let them over power your study time.
- Use an effective study method; don’t try to cram because it doesn’t work to be quite frank! We would recommend to study intensely for thirty-five minutes with no distractions, followed by a seven minute break. This works because our attention span isn’t very long so doing this will help you not burn out.
- Be on time and be prepared! If you arrive to the test room a little early, you will have time to make sure you have everything you need in order to take the test. This also boosts your confidence which makes you less nervous.
- Don’t worry about people finishing the test before you; this could mean anything.
- Eat well! A healthy diet during finals week will give you energy and keep you satisfied till your next meal.
- Try your best to tune out of social media for that week. Not only is it a distraction, but it can ruin your study session flow.
- Choose a good study space. This space should be quiet and free of distractions. Know what works for you and what doesn’t.
- Lastly, test yourself! There is nothing better than testing yourself before the actual test; this will make you feel even more prepared.
We hope that these tips will lead you to finals week success!